Netgear WiFi Extender Setup
Netgear extenders are the ideal products that help the users to ensure all-time connectivity in their home and office. It kills the dead zones and provides the users with the best possible network connectivity. These devices are super handy and can be set up easily. For Netgear WiFi Extender Setup you do not need much technical expertise.
Free Problem Diagnostics Chat Support
24*7 Chat Support from our Online Technicians
Chat with Us!!
Free Support for Extender Setup Call TOLL FREE +1-844-583-2073
Netgear WiFi Extenders Types
There are two types of Netgear WiFi Extenders i.e. Wall-plug and Desktop. Wall-plug extenders are less obstructive extenders as they do not use any wires or cables. All you need to do is to plug them into the wall and start using them. However, if you want various ports for connecting multiple wired devices, then the Desktop extenders will be the best option for you. They come up with 4-5 ports which help you to connect more than one device.
How Does It work?
Netgear WiFi extenders are designed to expand the average coverage area of your network. For this, the extender acquires the current WiFi networks. It then uses powerful antennas as well as amplifiers to repeat the network multiple times. This will result in expanding your WiFi coverage to different floors, rooms, corners of your house or office. It generally doubles the WiFi network range that helps the users to enjoy the ultimate internet connection.
You can also seek the help of our experts to help you install the extender by calling us at our toll-free customer service numbers or by chatting with them.
CALL US TODAY
How to Perform the Netgear WiFi Extender Setup?
Manual and WPS are two Netgear WiFi Extender Setup methods. These are easy-to-follow methods that will help you to set up your extender properly. Following are the detailed procedures that will guide you all the way for error-free Netgear WiFi Extender Setup.
WPS (WiFi Protected Setup):
- Setup your Netgear WiFi extender: Initially, you need to unbox your Netgear extender. Remove all the packaging material and tapes from it. Plugin the extender to the power outlet. In case you have the Desktop Extender, then, you need to attach the power cable to the router and another end of the cable to the electric board. Turn on your extender. Its power light should be lit.
Note: Netgear recommends you to set up your extender in the room where your router is setup.
- Press WPS Button: You need to press the WPS button which is located on your Netgear Extender. Then, move to the router and look for the WPS button. You can find it either on the side or back of your router. Press the button for a few seconds say 4-5. Once you are done, check the LED lights (2 GHz or 5 GHz), they must lit.
Note: For expanding the WiFi bandwidth from 2 GHz to 5 GHz, you need to press the WPS button, both from router and extender, again.
- Shift Your Extender: The next step of the Netgear WiFi Extender Setup process is to change the location of your extender. You have to unplug your router and move it in between the router and dead zone. In other words, you have to place your Netgear extender halfway. While you are changing the location of the extender, you must ensure that it is within your router’s range.
- Check the Status: With the help of LED lights, you can check if your extender is set up properly and has established a good connection or not. The green color of the LED light would mean a good connection. On the other hand, its red color will indicate a poor connection. In this scenario, you have to unplug your extender and move it towards your router.
- Connect your Device to the Extended Network: This is a final step of the Netgear WiFi Extender Setup procedure. Here, you need to open the WiFi settings on your system and connect your device to the extended network. You can easily find the Extended WiFi as Netgear does not change the SSID of the network. Only “_5 GHz” or “_2GHz” will get added to your previous SSID as a suffix. Select the network and enter the same password as the previous one.
Not all routers have or support WPS Setup. In such cases, you can perform the Netgear WiFi Extender Setup manually via Network Installation Assistant. For this, you need to set up your extender and connect your system with the extender. Both the wired connection and wireless connection can be established. Then, choose a web browser and access it. Now, type “mywifiext.net” and move to the preferred Network Installation Assistant window. Afterwards, follow the on-screen instructions to complete the Netgear WiFi Extender Setup process.