Below-given is a comprehensive guide for your Netgear router setup. Carefully follow the given process to experience an error-free router setup.
Free Problem Diagnostics Chat Support
24*7 Chat Support from our Online Technicians
Chat with Us!!
Free Support for Extender Setup Call TOLL FREE +1-844-583-2073
Setup Your Netgear Router
The following are the two ways in which you can perform the Netgear router setup. You can opt for any of the given methods, as per your preference and the device you want to use for setup. If you want to use your mobile device, then you can perform the Nighthawk application method. However, for setting up a router using the computer system or laptop, you have to follow the manual method.
Install your Netgear Router Manually
- Unbox your Netgear router and turn it on. Along with this, you have to make sure that your system and modem is also on.
- Now, use the LAN Cable or Ethernet Cable for developing a connection between all three devices i.e. modem, computer, and Netgear router.
- The next step is to proceed to the Netgear Router Login window by providing the valid URL “routerlogin.net”.
- In the login window that will appear on your screen, you need to enter the default credentials for accessing your account successfully. Note: These credentials are printed on the label that is pasted at the back of your router.
- Thereafter, click the “Advanced” tab from the main window of your account.
- From the list of options that will appear, you have to click “Setup Wizard”.
- Now, Netgear provides you with an option to permit the wizard to identify your wireless connection on its own. In order to permit the setup wizard, you have to tap “Yes”.
- Then, press the “Next” tab to move further with the Netgear router setup process.
- After all this, you can customize your WiFi settings such as changing the SSID, add security to your network, change the passphrase, etc. for a better and smooth experience.
You can also use your mobile device and complete the Netgear router setup process. In order to do so, you have to install the Nighthawk application on your mobile device. This application is compatible both with Android and iOS devices. Hence, you can perform the setup on any of the devices. After installation, follow the on-screen instructions and sign in to both MyNetgear and Netgear router account, link mobile device and router, and change the WiFi credentials for successful completion of the Netgear router setup process.
You can also seek the help of our experts to help you install the extender by calling us at our toll-free customer service numbers or by chatting with them.
CALL US TODAY
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. What all details are available at the bottom panel of the router?
Ans. The bottom of your router has a label that contains various information. The following is the information that you will find there.
- Serial Number of your router
- Default access website
- Default username and password
- WiFi SSID (for both 2.5 GHz and 5 GHz) and Passphrase.
Q2. What are the dos and don’ts for a strong and secure password?
Ans. Password plays an important role as it protects your wireless network as well as account from unauthorized access. Hence, you must create a strong and unique password that is impossible to guess but easy for you to remember. The following are some dos and don’ts that you must keep in mind while creating a password.
- The password must be a combination of various characters such as numbers, special characters, uppercase letters, and lowercase letters.
- It must be 8-12 characters long.
- You must change your password every now and then.
- Do not use common words in the password.
- No personal information should be added.
- The same passphrase should not be used everywhere.
- Never share your passwords with anyone.
Q3. How to install the latest update of firmware?
Ans. For better and improved stability, functionality, as well as for performance, you must keep your router’s firmware up-to-date. The following are the steps that must follow to update successfully.
- In your web browser, enter “routerlogin.net” or “routerlogin.com” in the required field.
- Now, sign in to your Netgear router account by providing the default details that are required.
- Click the “Advanced” tab followed by “Router Update”.
- In order to look for the available firmware update, click “Check”.
- If an update is available, hit the “Yes” tab and wait for the completion of the update.
Q4. How can I get the details of the devices that are connected to my Netgear router?
Ans. By accessing your Netgear router account, you can get the details of all the devices that are connected to your router. For this:
- Move to the Router login webpage and enter the default credentials to access your account.
- Click Advanced> Administration> Attached Devices.
- You will get complete information about the connected devices. Information such as IP Address, MAC Address, and Device Name is available.