Free Problem Diagnostics Chat Support
24*7 Chat Support from our Online Technicians
Chat with Us!!
Free Support for Extender Setup Call TOLL FREE +1-844-583-2073
Netgear Extender Setup
Netgear Extender Setup via WPS Method
If your router supports the WPS method of connection with your extender, then this is the ideal method for you. Follow the below-given procedure.
- Carefully, unbox your Wi-Fi extender and then align all of its attachments accordingly.
- Now the help of the power cable, connect your WiFi extender to the power supply socket.
- For a smoother connectivity process, choose to place the router and extender in the same room, till the connection is not established.
- The next step is to locate the WPS button on your router device.
- To find this WPS button, check the front or back panel of your router device. You can also refer to the user manual that came with your WiFi router.
- Once you have traced this button, on your device, press and hold for a few seconds to turn it on.
- Your Wi-Fi Extender device has a WPS LED, this light indicates the connection of your Wi-Fi Extender to the router.
- When the Router has successfully been connected to your Wi-Fi Extender, the WPS LED on your Wi-Fi Extender turns solid green.
- Now you need to verify whether your Router device supports the 5GHz band. In case it does, and you are willing to extend it, you need to repeat the WPS process one more time.
- Now, disconnect the extender device from its current location and move it to a new location.
- It will be better if this new location is halfway from both your Router and the device that you choose to connect.
- Keep in mind that this location should be within the reach of your Wi-Fi Router.
- After you plug in the device to this new location turn the power on.
- Now give some time to the extender to switch on properly.
- Now you have to first check the Router link LED. It will tell you the status of your connection with the router.
- When the light is amber or green it indicates a successful connection. This means you have found an ideal location for your extender.
- Alternatively, you have to try shifting the device more towards the range of the router if the light is still red in color. This will make sure that your connectivity with the router is normal.
- Now take a device that you wish to connect to your extender’s network and place it close to your Extender device.
- Trying connecting it to the network of your extender. For this remember that the extender uses the existing name of your Wi-Fi but it will add “_2GEXT” or “_5GEXT” in the end.
- Next to the extender name in the available connection list, find the connect icon. You are now asked to enter your password.
- You need to use the same password that you use for your router. Also for further use, don’t forget to choose the auto-connect option.
- Next, you need to connect a mobile device with the Wi-Fi Extender network.
- Now move this device to a previously dead zone.
- Once your devices are connected and placed in the dead zone, get back to your Wi-Fi Extender.
- Check the Client Link LED. When it will turn green, or amber in color, you get a signal that your network connection has been extended properly.
- Your Netgear Extender Setup is now done and your device is ready to use.
Your Netgear Extender Setup is now done and your device is ready to use.
You can also seek the help of our experts to help you install the extender by calling us at our toll-free customer service numbers or by chatting with them.
CALL US TODAY
Netgear Extender Setup via Netgear Installation Assistant
Opt for this method if your router device does not support a WPS button. For any of the methods that you opt for, you need to first unbox your extender and plug it into a power socket the same way. In such a case, you need to follow these steps.
- For this method, you have to first connect your device such as a laptop or PC to the extender. This is generally by two methods, either by using a wired Ethernet or WiFi connection.
- To use an Ethernet cable you have to connect the Ethernet port on the WiFi extender to an Ethernet port on your computer.
- Or you can go for the WiFi method to connect. On your WiFi-enabled device, open the WiFi connection manager and locate and connect to the WiFi extender network called NETGEAR_EXT.
- Once the connection with your WiFi-enabled device is established, the Client Link LED will turn amber or green.
- Open a web browser, on your device.
- Visit the Official Site of your WiFi Extender.
- The New Netgear Extender Setup page now displays.
- As soon as you click the “New Netgear Extender Setup” button; a “Create Account” form opens up.
- Fill the Field and click the “Next” icon.
- Position the Access Point/Extender switch to Extender and then click the Continue icon.
- Select the network of your router that you wish to extend and then, click the “Next” button.
- In case, you do not wish to extend both WiFi bands, clear the 2.4 GHz WiFi Networks or the 5 GHz WiFi Networks checkbox.
- In the field for Password, type the router’s existing WiFi network password and click the “Next” button.
- Now, you need to set the network name(SSID) and password for your Wi-Fi Extender. After that, click on the “Next” tab which is at the bottom of the page.
- It will easier if you enable the One WiFi Name feature. This will access the extender to use the same SSID and password as your existing router.
- Wait for the page to display a list of new extender WiFi networks, which might take some time.
- Connect your WiFi-enabled device, to the new extender WiFi network with the help of SSID and password that you created. If you enabled One WiFi Name, connect to your router’s WiFi name and password.
- Make sure that your device having a WiFi facility has successfully connection before you click the “Continue” icon.
- Click the “Continue” icon.
- You will see a new screen now that confirms your successful connection.
- Now you can move your device and check the connectivity just the same way as above.
By the end of this, the process of Netgear Extender Setup is complete. You can now enjoy your WiFi Network with seamless internet speed.