Free Problem Diagnostics Chat Support
24*7 Chat Support from our Online Technicians
Chat with Us!!
Free Support for Extender Setup Call TOLL FREE +1-844-583-2073
Procedure To Connect through the Netgear installation Assistant- Mywifiext
- Configure your Netgear range extender.
- Generate the connection between the Netgear extender and your computing device i.e computer or laptop.
- Visit the web URL by typing “Mywifiext.net”.
- Login or create a new account of the Netgear Genie.
- Follow the on-screen prompts closely to complete the process.
Troubleshooting For Setup via Mywifiext
Sometimes the users have to bear a lot of issues during and after installing the extender. Just in case, you face any difficulty with your Netgear Extender we are right here with the troubleshooting steps to help you. Here, you will get a solution for each and every extender related issues as explained below.
➜ Steps to follow while Netgear extender is unable to connect to the internet
You must follow the below-mentioned steps carefully in order to get rid of this issue.
- Let your Netgear range extender trace a list of nearby wi-fi networks available.
- You must then choose your home network and type in the paraphrase box the “network key” or “password”.
- Afterwards, assign a range extension name, and press the “Continue” tab.
- Wait a while for the smart wizard to attach your range extender to the router. In the upcoming window look for “I have connected to the extender network” button. Then, tap “Continue” tab.
- Launch any web browser on your system and check whether you can access the internet. You should stay online.
You can also seek the help of our experts to help you install the extender by calling us at our toll-free customer service numbers or by chatting with them.
CALL US TODAY
Instructions to resolve the issue Netgear Extender keeps disconnecting
The issue of the Netgear Extender keeps disconnecting occurs when your Netgear extender is not properly set up. Moreover, when you don’t have the updated version of the Netgear extender. So, in order to get rid of this error, follow the instructions below carefully.
- Ensure that you have connected your Netgear extender to the power adapter properly.
- Reach the web address “mywifiext.net” by typing it in the address bar.
- Now, you have to enter the username and password into the respective fields.
- Once you have sign in to the Netgear account, verify whether your extender is running the latest firmware version or not. Just in case, you found that you are not using the latest version, download the latest version. And then, update your range extender.
- If you already have the latest version of the Netgear extender, opt for the “Device update” option.
- Restart your range extender and wait for a while.
- In the end, you must try to connect your wireless devices to the Extender network appropriately.
- Ensure that your Netgear Extender is powered On. Along with this make sure that it is receiving adequate power.
- Your Netgear range extender should be well connected to your router.
- Make sure you have access to high-speed internet connections.
- Connections to your range extender must be precise and solid.
- You can also try by changing the “Encryption type” of the home router or modem.
- If still, the problem does not resist, you must try for some other encryption types such as WPA, WEP. Along with this ensure that both the home network and extender should have the same extender type.
- Just in case, your computing device is not connected properly you don’t have to detect the SSID of the router. In that case, once the range extender has successfully linked to the router, you will need to change the encryption style to its original.
Solutions to resolve this error.
Step 1. Reset Internet browser
- The very first step is to close all the open windows and programs on your computer.
- Launch Internet Explorer, opt “Tools” tab > “Internet options”.
- After this, opt for the “Advanced” tab.
- You are now supposed to choose the “Reset” option from the pop-up box “Are you sure you want to reset all internet settings?.
- Once the browser completes applying default settings, tap “Close” and then tap “Ok”.
- In the end, reboot your system to apply the changes.
Step 2. Make sure high-speed internet connectivity.
Step3. You must the default IP address of the range extender i.e “192.168.1.250” for the Extender setup instead of “Mywifiext”
Step 4. Clear browsing history and unwanted cache files.
Step 5. Ensure your Netgear extender receives ample and proper power supply.
Step 6. Make sure Wired or Wireless Network Connections are properly connected.
Step 7. Just in case, you have a wired extender, then verify that the Ethernet cable doesn’t have any kind of cuts or breakages in it.